Friday, June 15, 2018

San Isidro (Bambu) 6/14

Hey Blog Readers!!!

Its lexie!!!

So far the trip has been amazing! I’m honestly having such a great and genuinely fun time. Today was day three for me of working at the site and everyday it gets better and better. The past two mornings we have woken up at 6 and gone to mass at 6:30. It is so weird because when we wake up it is so sunny and we can hear birds chirping and it honestly feels a lot later in the day than it actually is, AND on top of that I usually don’t wake up that early (lol). But so far at my site, San Isidro, we have mostly been clearing dirt, scraping paint, and tying and cutting rebar and wire. Personally I think the hardest job is scraping and chipping paint because it is a REAL forearm workout. But luckily we finished that part today!! Also today I did a lot of digging and moving of dirt. It honestly all has been so fun and worth it because while we are doing the hard work we are having great and real conversations. I find it so crazy how we can go from topic to topic and just talk about the most random things! Also the past two days at the site it has rained after lunch and when it rains we can work, so of course we turn to playing our favorite game, MAFIA. This game challenges the mind and makes people question how people are acting and it is so so so fun. It honestly is probably gonna be THE game of the mission trip. Almost every time we have free time we play it and the conversations are so heated and so fun! The food has also been surprisingly good (Im not starving mom lol). And I’m starting to really like almost everything I eat. But overall we have all been having so much fun and we are all bonding so well even despite our different schools and backgrounds which I am so grateful for. I’m having so much fun and smiling even more than I usually do.

Shout out to my Bamboo site group (were the best)!!!!

PS: love and miss you mom and dad!! (and lj) and HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!