Thursday, June 21, 2018

Buenos Aires 6/19

Victoria Braden from BL:

Hello everyone! Today was our last day at our Volcán worksite which is where some of us have been working for the past week. So there has been a Student Leader from the youth group coming to talk and paint and get to know us and his name is Isaac. He has told us how he hopes to study music at the university and hopes to pursue a music career. Today, he brought his guitar with him to show us a couple of songs he wanted to show us. He played us a tune he had just learned, then he played us the most beautiful and  most moving song I had ever heard in my Life. It was in Spanish so I did not understand all of it at first, then Mrs. Fierro translated and was so beautiful and full of pain and how he learned from it all. This was the point when I started crying, hard. Then as if to add to our emotions he shared a heartwarming story about his friend who died, and after of course I start sobbing. Finally, as a cherry on top of this emotional rollercoaster, he tells us he has a beautiful song about God he wants to play and sing with us. He continues to play “Fisher of men”. This is the song we have been singing in mass, when I volunteered to sing in the choir. This song touched me in church because I never sing in public because I believe I cannot sing whatsoever, but I was praised and I adored singing to and about God. Of course, when Isaac was playing this song, I completely lost it and bawled my eyes out. To me this was as if God was saying “haha You thought it was over. Nope I have more in store for you”. This was so emotional and pure  for me and I am so glad I got to share it with the people who surrounded, embraced, and cried with me. I gave my cross to him to show him how much he touched me. It was a prefect day in the beautiful Buenos Aires and I will miss it, although I miss you all more! See you soon!! :)) -Vic

Blog # 15 Marcelo Garcia from Cistercian:

Hey everyone, after the Volcan group and Buenos Aires group met up we all went to the market and went shopping in separate groups. We ended up buying a bunch of junk food and coffee from a nearby supermarket. We then said goodbye to a big part of our group who are traveling back to San Isidro. We ended our day with circle time and a huge snack party that made us all sick to our stomachs because of all the sugar we ate. It was just another eventful day full of fun.