Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Megan Mathena

Dear Friends and Family,
I have had a wonderful time in Costa Rica so far. Today I woke up in the beautiful city of San
Isidro and got ready for my day ahead of me. I worked in the Quebrados camp and I absolutely loved it! We helped remodel a church, which included scraping paint and replanting roses into a garden. I was able to meet kids who lived in the surrounding area and many other people. I practiced my Spanish and was able to communicate to the women who cooked for us at our work site. These women were very welcoming and the food they made was amazing. All the food I have had is amazing and I will definitely miss it when I get home. Another thing I really love about Costa Rica is how eco- friendly it is. There are tons of fresh fruit and vegetables to eat and they are way better than anything we would ever eat in the States. Today is also my birthday and it is definitely going into the list of one of my top birthdays. I was surrounded by wonderful people, was served amazing food, felt God’s love, served others, and the list goes on of the great opportunities I had today. I did miss my family and friends this birthday, but the experiences I am having on this trip are an opportunity of a lifetime. I miss you all so much and I cannot wait to see you all. However, I already know that I will be so sad to leave such a beautiful country.

Your favorite child,
Megan Mathena