Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Marianna Zamora

Hey Mom,

Happy second Mother’s Day. I’m sure you are having an amazing time back in Dallas without me
and I have a little surprise for you and Diego when I get back! You are going to love it! Let me tell you all about the adventures I had today. I woke up very early. You would be so surprised to know that I actually wake up kind of on time. I got dressed and the entire mission trip squad and I hopped on a bus to the cathedral. La verdad es que me quiero quedar aqui. Anyways, we ate Costa Rican tamales, and as good as they were, they didn’t beat the Mexican tamales we eat during Christmas. After that, we all boarded the busses and we headed towards the national forest. It was such a jaw dropping view. We hiked for two hours-ish in total and while we were at the top of the mountain, we all planted trees. Also, a dog hiked with us to the top and I named him Pinto (he looks like a bean). He is so cute and as much as I wanted to hold him, I didn’t. Once we arrived back to the main entrance, we ate some really yummy food. Y luego, there were some ladies who were vendiendo bracelets for ten dollars. It was crazy. We left and my feet were soaked with water because we had to cross a river to reach the top of the mountain. We came back to the site, and I showered, and now I’m writing this!

I miss you a lot and I hope you are hugging Lucy and Mocha for me! Please remember to feed
them and change their water every day. I love you and tell Diego I said hey.

See you very soon,
Marianna Zamora