Saturday, June 15, 2019

Katy

Hello Family,

I want to start off my saying that this first week has been absolutely amazing and that I am doing
well. You and dad both said that I was going to have a hard time with the heat and the bugs. However,
you’d be surprised to know that I wake up at 6 am every morning for mass and I am actually eating
absolutely everything and haven’t gotten sick once. Today we went to the worksite where Marianna and I bought coke bottles for all of the Costa Rican workers. It was something so simple we did for them, but the smiles on their faces lit up. Life here is so simple. It amazes me how the Ticos are genuinely happy with what they have. I don’t want to really say much right now but I am journaling everyday to make sure I do not forget anything that happened. Thank you for sending me on this trip. It’s been such a wonderful experience. It is far different from traveling as a tourist here. I love y’all and miss y’all. Also, tell Adan to not sleep in my bed.

Katy
p.s. give Gunner, Wunner, and Ranger Danger a fat hug for me