Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Sarah Leonard

Dear Family and Loved Ones,
Thank you to everyone who has been waiting patiently to hear from me, I miss you all so much. The past 8 days in Costa Rica have been amazing! I have met so many new people from Dallas and Costa Rica. My work site was stationed in a small town called Guadalupe, where I have been working on re-building their community church for the past week. Today was our last day working at our work site, which was extremely hard for everyone in my group because we have become very close with many of the Costa Ricans living there. Our main focus today was shoveling and moving dirt to be used as a base for the church floor. Our group works extremely well together, so it is easy for us to have a great time no matter what task is given to us. It was a very emotional day for many of us because we had to say good-bye to many of the people we have met in Guadalupe, such as the children at the local school. Being our last day at Guadalupe, we were told to give our cross that we were wearing around our neck during the trip to someone special that we met at our work site. I chose to give mine to a girl named Lubianka, whom I had met while spending time at the local school. I had a chaperone translate to her that my cross symbolized our friendship and I would never forget her. Even though it was a sad day for many of us, our missionary group felt extremely satisfied with the work that we accomplished for the people in Guadalupe.

Sarah Leonard