Sunday, June 18, 2017

Tepeyac - 6/17

Marisa N. (Tepeyac)

                Throughout these past few days I have seen Christ within everyone I meet and I have grown so much in my faith. As we travel through Nicaragua communities, the Tepeyac group has grown like a family and we get closer every day. The locals that I have met here are so full of Christ and sometimes I think they have more Christ in them than most people in America. God has blessed me with the opportunity to also grow with the community through the activities we invite locals to before Mass. I have grown to love three beautiful children: Adrian, Guadalupe, and Angie. They are all very young, about 5 to 9 years old, but I see Christ through everything they do. I also got the chance today to play soccer at a nearby school with three of the local boys that are about ten years old. We had so much fun and as we played we could see the volcano and surrounding greenery. I have never seen such a beautiful sight. As we walked back from playing, I actually got the chance to see a couple of monkeys from far away. It was really neat. Today at Mass in the community I got to witness two new people being initiated in the Church. It was beautiful to see the locals radiate with joy as the two girls were Baptized. I am excited to see what these next few days hold for my friends and I here. I would like to say hello to Mom, Dad, Maria, Monica, Grandpa, Grandma, Tia Lupe, Christina, Stephanie, Tio Danny, and Lily. I think of y’all every day and am so excited to share what I have experienced here with you. I love you and miss you.