Monday, June 19, 2017

Diria - 6/18 evening

Caroline M. (Diria)
Today was my 16th birthday and it was so great; this morning everyone sang ‘Sweet Caroline’ to me and it was both awkward and fun. I found out yesterday that my brother Chris got drafted with the Rays, so congratulations Christopher you deserve it – miss you queen. Can’t wait to see y’all!!!!!

Clare N. (Diria)
Sorry I have not written this whole trip. Yikes? Happy Fathers Day dad. I would say I miss you guys but I am really liking it here. I wonder if Evan has gotten out of his room yet. How many podcasts Hannah has listened to? I cant imagine how many coffee/wine glasses mom has had to have to deal with my absence. Molly- praying for ya girly. Missy- stop barking. DAD I LOVE YOU! Okay you crazy kids, be careful. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t :)Hugs to all. …………………..CRETE

Luke B. (Diria)
Hey everyone back at home, sorry I haven’t written until now! Dad, I’m sorry I’m missing your day and I love you very much and can’t wait to celebrate when I get home! I’m loving my time here especially the food! Erin, I can’t wait to go to Bubba’s and watch the Bachelorette with you when I get home, and Mom I’m super excited to go to Northpark! I miss y’all very much and have thought about you guys every day! Love y’all and can’t wait to see everyone!!

Morgan A. (Diria)

Hey everyone! Happy Father’s Day, Dad! I hope that you had a great day and that Heather or Mom made you a great dinner!! I miss everyone so much! (Please tell Kelly that I miss her too) So much has happened during this trip from meeting so many new people to being woken up non-stop by constant fireworks. (The Nicaraguans literally fire off fireworks in the middle of the night and during the day.) Yesterday, I gave away my cross necklace that we were to give to a person whom we connected with most. I gave my cross to a little girl named Noelia. I played with her and her friends for hours, playing tag, soccer, and Frisbee. One day, I even ran for nearly two hours straight, so make sure to tell Heather that I’m ready for that running plan when I get back. Also, tell Heather that I can now relate to her stories about eating white rice non-stop. I can’t wait to see you all again and to tell you about everything in more detail. Love you guys!!!