Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Kevin Patton

Dear Mother Dear and Father Dearest,
Today was our first day on the work site. My group and I are stationed at the Quebradas work
site. Today, we spent our time working on early stages of renovating a church. I learned that when you sand off lots of paint most of it ends up all over you. We started off the day by having a nice mass in the chapel that is attached to where we are staying. I enjoyed Father Philip’s Homily. He told us about St. Bartholomew who was one of the first missionaries of the church. He told us how mission work is supposed to be strenuous yet highly rewarding. I really took that to heart as we began our day. I thought back on it as I was covered head to toe in dust from sanding the walls. The food has been superb so far (I know Carter wants to know what I am eating so I’ll list it out) Day 1 at dinner we had this meat and rice dish with this delicious blackberry juice. Day 2 we had a bread, eggs, and rice breakfast that was super good and for lunch we had these eggs patties that were so good. I’m doing well and I hope y’all are having a great time in Texas. I love you lots! And, Emily my Spanish is muy bueno.
Love,
Kevin Patton