Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Monica Nieto

Dear Friends and Family,

I am having an amazing time in Costa Rica. The people here are the most generous and kind people I
have ever met. They give so much to us even if they have so little. Yesterday we spent working at the
site and having a fiesta. I am working at the Guadalupe site and absolutely love it. We are rebuilding and extending a chapel. I spent all of the morning shoveling dirt that would be used to even out floor. My group is growing closer and closer by the day and I am getting emotional knowing that I am going to have to leave these incredible people in a short while. After we shoved dirt, I played with the kids for a while. They are always beaming with happiness when we see them. I am going to miss seeing their beautiful smiles and hearing their laughter. After we got back to the retreat site, I was able to sit down and watch the sunset over the mountains and the city. It was one of the most beautiful things I have seen. Later in the night, we had a grand fiesta. There was a lot music, dancing, and smiles. The Costa Ricans put on a show for us with dancers and musicians. We even have a pinata. One of my favorite memories so far would be everyone dancing at the fiesta. We were all living in the moment and having the time of our lives. The Lord has blessed me so much on this trip and it is going to be hard to say goodbye to these wonderful people. He has shown me how I can love others even deeper. I love you guys and see you the airport!

Sincerely,
Monica Nieto