Thursday, June 13, 2019

Maggie Abbott

Dear Mom, Dad, friends and family,
Today was such an interesting day. I woke up and we went to mass. We listened to this song at mass I don’t really
remember what it was called but it was so good. I asked them to play it again tonight. Then, we went to eat breakfast.
The food here is AMAZING. I am so impressed! I’m so picky and it’s so so good. Then, we headed to our worksite.
It is the farthest worksite from our campsite so we drive an hour everyday but it never fails to be entertaining.
At our worksite, we are fixing a church because it rains so often here and there are drainage problems so it leaks
in the church. The first day I spent most of the day playing with my best friend, Daniel. Daniel is four years old and
is helping me improve my Spanish every day. We play frisbee, soccer, and enjoy amazing food. Everyone here is so
happy and so nice. I love it. Then, on our way home we were on the bus. We drive up a mountain everyday to get
to the worksite and you can see the coast. It’s so beautiful. Anyway, we were driving down and normally the ride
is usually pretty bumpy and fun! This time our bus broke down. Logan, my BL friend made a joke when the bus
stopped that it broke down and we all laughed. Then all the chaperones told us to evacuate the bus. We were on
the side of the road on the mountain and it started pouring rain. Although this may seem like it was terrible, it
was so fun and I’m so glad it happened. We had such a good time waiting for Deacon Charlie to come rescue us.
We hid out in a cow pin. When Deacon Charlie came, he only had room for six people so all the girls rode with
him. Me and Sibo sat in the very back seat. Deacon Charlie asked us “How much coffee did y’all drink” because
we were laughing so much we were crying and we had so much energy. Me, Sibo, Catherine , Anna Victoria,
Maddie, and Mallory were laughing so much that we were crying and I couldn’t even tell you why we were
laughing so much. It took me so long to type this because in between I couldn’t stop crying again from laughing
so hard. That ride home from being stranded was the best time of my life. I barely know all these people and
for some reason I just look at them and start crying laughing I don’t know why. We have so many inside jokes
and I just have been laughing so much. All the kids are so cute and I made Daniel a bracelet with his name on it.
Today, he came up to me and was telling me in Spanish that it broke and he brought all the pieces of the
bracelet and asked me to make him a new one with my name on it. He is so cute. I love him.
Love you all,

Maggie Abbott