Monday, June 13, 2016

Scarlett M. (Diría)

Students and chaperones at Diría practice worship songs before Mass. 
First of all I want to start off by saying that I am extremely blessed that I got the privilege to come on this amazing trip. Yesterday at the work site we had Mass with the community, who has become a second family to me. After Mass 4 little girls had prepared a dance just for us. I sat in the front to video tape them. After they finished, I found myself in tears. Not just because how beautiful and graceful they were, but because it amazed me that they have found something like dance after all they have been through. As I wiped my tears, one of the little girls, Yara, who has definitely captured my heart, ran up to me and gave me the biggest hug ever. I have no idea how I’m going to leave these amazing people. Oh and Mom, you’re so right, I will most definitely be that girl from that airline commercial when I leave. I miss all my family. In a way, I wish you were all here with me for this amazing experience, especially you, Mommy ;).



 P.s. Mom, Dad and Alex, I am praying for all of you and love you all so mucchh. Please wish Kaylyn a Happy Birthday from me!