Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Jessica T. (Diría)

                I can’t believe that today is the 7th day we have been in Nicaragua; we are already half way through the trip!  We thought we would be helping build or start the process of building a chapel, but things have changed and now we have been called to build an emotional connection with the community instead.  Today we went on a 3 hour walk into the community, hiking more than 4 miles.  We went to many homes today preaching the word of God and telling everyone about when mass would be held.  We also assisted the families in any way possible, whether it was the nurse helping the sick or Francisco helping fix a mans TV.  It warms my heart that all the Nicaraguans have been so friendly and loving towards us.  The kids are the cutest, and each day communicating gets easier and easier.  I’m extremely blessed and thankful for this opportunity to serve others and preach the word of God and I am sad the trip is coming to an end.  I’ve met so many great new people, who I know I will stay close friends with in the years to come. 


P.S. Hi Mom, Dad, Heidi and everyone back home, I am thinking and praying for you all.  I miss everyone so much and can’t wait to tell you all about my trip.  The food has been AMAZING; I’ve never eaten so many mangos before.  I love you all, stay safe and see you soon. xoxo